Emojipedia provides a list of every emoji that exists and what that emoji means. As of March 2020 there are 3,304 emojis recommended for support across platforms, and these have a number of meanings.
When assessing the meaning of an emoji, factors that go into Emojipedia definitions include:
- ?? Historical origins and designs of an emoji
- ?? Intended emoji meaning when proposed
- ?? Real-world common use of an emoji
- ?? Alternative meanings around the world
- ?? Cross-platform design details
Emoji meanings on Emojipedia are written by emoji experts and lexicographers. Emojipedia is not a wiki and definitions are not crowd-sourced, though we welcome tips and corrections.
Definitions on Emojipedia are have been researched and written by:
- ???? Jane Solomon, current Senior Emoji Lexicographer at Emojipedia
- ???? John M. Kelly, former Senior Emoji Lexicographer at Emojipedia
- ???? Jeremy Burge, Chief Emoji Officer at Emojipedia
To look for an emoji meaning, either search Emojipedia using the search field at the top of all pages, or browse by emoji category:
- ?? Smileys & People
- ?? Animals & Nature
- ?? Food & Drink
- ? Activity
- ?? Travel & Places
- ?? Objects
- ?? Symbols
- ?? Flags
For new emojis, keep an eye on details of upcoming emoji releases.